Subject: Re: UKNM: ADMIN: Times are a changin'
From: Sajid Mohammed
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 16:52:20 +0000 (GMT)

I woke up early one morning, had a lovely bacon cob and cup of tea
from Hayes Island Butty Bar, Cardiff and I thought: is it 1998 or 1994?

This wailing and gnashing about the sponsorship of this list is
vaguely reminiscent of the great furore that the incursion of banner
advertising unleashed in the early nineties. ChannelSeven and other
tools of the capitalist conspiracy seem to chug along happily with
sponsors.

The only problem is whether Sam's role as moderator will be
compromised if I have occasion (God forbid!) to describe Excite as a
bunch of marigoldloving snapdragons. Could we have perhaps an
assertion of 'editorial independence' Sam?

[Sam says: duly asserted. As you're all aware editorial changes to postings
on the list are mininmal and I intend to keep it that way.]