Subject: RE: UKNM: Dirty Tricks in the UK web industry?
From: Glen Collins
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 17:10:50 +0000 (GMT)

I certainly believe that the new media industry is going to change over the
next couple of years as it broadens out, not necessarily purely because of
the tightening of belts though.

Up until now, it's been a very nice, everyone knows everyone, kind of
industry, where people who step on other peoples toes usually get a bad name
in the industry and as a consequence find leads drying up.

Also, God forbid, we're actually going to get to the stage where most
companies have a website (those things about industry growth we've been
saying for the last 4 years about new media really could be coming true?!),
and new business won't be purely from companies who want a new site, but
companies who already have a site / agency.

As the industry grows up I think we'll see more and more of this type of
aggresive nature.

Is this just a sign that the industry is coming of age...?

Glen
Glen Collins
Digital Outlook Communications Ltd
132-140 Goswell Road London EC1V 7DP