Subject: Re: UKNM: Charity e-fundraising
From: Stephanie Gay
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 17:14:17 +0000 (GMT)

Nick wrote :

>My advice would be a very simple "don't". However good your
>intentions are, there will always be one person (and that's all
>it'll take) to complain to abuse@ about UCE and, believe me, it
>isn't worth the grief it causes.

I have to say that I agree with Nick - It is always a bit dangerous to use
e-mail lists that way.

However, I have heard some success stories from Howard Lake (On-line
Fundraising Consultant) about organisations using e-mail lists but it was
mainly in the States.

You can visit Howard's web site http://www.fundraising.co.uk which is a very
good source of information on all issues related to fundraising on the
Internet.

Good luck !

Stephanie Gay

Poptel Internet Services