Subject: Re: UKNM: online ad tolerance collapsing
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:41:54 +0000 (GMT)

From: Steve Bowbrick <steveatwebmedia [dot] com>

>Three selected datapoints from the recent AdAge Interactive Media Study
>(2,000 telephone questionnaires in early October). This looks to me like a
>trend that has nowhere to go but down. With no exceptions the survey
>reveals increasing readiness to purchase online and collapsing tolerance of
>advertising. Specific responses from online ad folk?

More shock horror? Boring American ads are boring and have little effect on
the US audience? Most banner ads in the US look too much like everyone
else's and so CTR takes a dive? The novelty starts to wear down for the
jaded American audience?

C'mon! The business of banner advertising is now hitting the start of the
curve up in the UK regardless of what's happening over the pond. More budget
is being allocated to online ads, more money is being spent. Of course
there's more to life than just banners, but banners have a long way to go
too.

Is it working? Let me tell you, if it ain't working for you, then either
you're with the wrong agency, or you _are_ the wrong agency.

Ray Taylor 0181 639 0015
NMC/Adplan - the right online media agency

http://www.nmcadplan.com
1000 thank yous to Chinwag and Excite for making this service available