Subject: RE: UKNM: ADMIN: Times are a changin'
From: Glen Collins
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 19:15:19 +0000 (GMT)

Personally, I don't think it's the repeated subject threads which are a huge
problem - let's face it, things are genuinely changing so quickly that a
repeated thread usually brings up some new / updated and valid information.

I think each and everyone one of us on this list (the ones who still read
all these mails that fly around) need to stop before posting something and
ask if it's really valid to be sent to hundreds of people.

I guess what I'm saying is, can we stop the 3 or 4 one line responses to
every email which are sent ? You know the type - the amusing and yet
pointless / time consuming to read mails.

This is something which we should all individually be able to police without
the need for a full time moderator (which is an unrealistic drain on
anyone's time).

I think this is definitely the first step to reduce 30-40% of needless
traffic on the list which will ultimately result in everyone turning off.

Glen.
Glen Collins
Digital Outlook Communications Ltd
132-140 Goswell Road