Subject: Re: UKNM: boo.com - more invective
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:59:46 GMT

Matt Jones <MJonesatsapient [dot] com> said

>it's about learning from mistakes from the past.

Oh, does online retail have a past? Having bought successfully from one web
site only - amazon (online retail's pre-history), I was rather looking
forward to online retail's present.

>it's about underselling and overdelivering.

I thought it was about overselling and then delivering. Clearly, boo has yet
to progress to the latter but, equally clear, their hypemasters should have
no problem justifying their fee if this list is anything to go by. Or are
people on this list young and naive enough to believe that there is such as
think as bad news?

>it's about understanding what internet product and business design is
about.

Tell me more, I am still (like most other mortals) struggling with this
concept.

>it's about
>http://www.thestandard.com/articles/article_print/0,1454,7391,00.html

Yeah, yeah, yeah. More hype in the guise of cynical hackery. Same old stuff.
And congrats again to the boo PRs for successfully recruiting UKNM (and no
doubt hundreds of other forums) in their cause.

>love, as always
>
>ms. haversham xxx

Kiss, kiss,
Oscar
"There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being
talked about."