Subject: UKNM: Protecting Children/Censorship
From: Tom
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:57:18 GMT

>Are we all forgetting what most children call a cat?
>Try that word and see what happens.
>After using this word (on an un-named meta based search engine):
>I was shocked to find a site where I was two click away from one of 30 live
>video feeds, which showed people doing everything, no credit card number
>nothing the site also offered pics of children, for a price. I was shocked
>to think my 10 year old sister could find this site looking for innocent
>things. If you want the URL e-mail me off list you don't want that on the
>list, its giving money to people promoting criminal acts. I feel its a
>problem that is no going to go away on its own, human nature is such that
>people will always want. Freedom verses protection of teenage minds that
>will search such things out not anything I am going to go in to but a site
>like that one begs to be banned.
>
>Richard Bailey

Thank heavens there are guardians of us all like you, Richard! We must of
course give up any and all freedoms in the quest to protect The Fragile
Teenage Mind. And thank heavens for the wholesome influences on teenagers,
like the magazine industry which encourages gross materialism and offers
advice on "How to keep your boyfriend" to 12-year old girls. Away with this
sinful and vulgar language! See what happens when "Kitty-cat" beomes a
euphamism for "Bum-hole"? Live video feeds of twitching rusty bullet-holes
wherever you look!

This evil trade will of course be stopped immediately by the introduction of
bans amid the shrill shrieks of the righteous, just like the dirty mag.
trade has been stopped from corrupting our youth by never being displayed in
newsagents, no longer being passed around school playgrounds, and by not
allowing pornographers control of mainstream media, especially the Daily
Express.

Tom Dussek

[Sam says: please note, I changed the subject line to make it easier to
follow the thread.]

Seminars, exhibitions, networking events, parties, conferences.
Finding it difficult to keep up and plan ahead?

Sign up for Chinwag's weekly new media events newsletter,
all the events you need to know about, direct to your inbox.

http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/e_index.shtml