Subject: UKNM: ADMIN: Quoting Emails and .Signatures
From: Sam Michel
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:56:06 +0100

Hi Gang....

Blimey it's busy round here...is everyone suddenly maxing out on caffeine?
Just a quick plea to everyone, please try and quote _only_ the relevant
portions of the email you're replying to, including proper attribution, of
course. People are responding to lengthy emails with one line, and then
including the entire quoted email.

On .sigs, I know it's tempting to include your full address, phone, fax,
mobile, ISDN, private, toilet cubicle, two cups joined by string numbers,
but bear in mind one number and an email address will probably suffice.
It's probably not necessary to include every website you've ever worked on
in your .sign file either. Please try and restrict your .sig to 4-5 lines
_without blank lines_ otherwise they're likely to come under my virtual
chopper. 'nuff said.

Hope you're all well and business is blossoming...

Xmas holidays or long visit to my therapist...it's going to be a close
call. See you all soon at the UKNM do...details soon.

Toodle Pip

Sam
Chinwag - http://www.chinwag.com
ICQ Pager: 4561042