Subject: Re: UKNM: Thanks for a great response...
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:33:34 +0100

Nick Sweeney wrote:

> > Over the last few days the TV ads have been driving the hit rate up and
> > there have been some server problems (Microsoft blame this on 'Hackers',
> > I'd value a second opinion!) but these are being ironed out as we speak.
> > Over the next year functionality will increase as new products are
> > launched.
>
> IIS isn't as scaleable as Apache. It doesn't, on average, cope as well
> with heavy loads. And given the top-heavy front end, there's always likely
> to be something of a logjam on launch.

Frankly, 'hackers' as an excuse begs many more questions. poor server
performance is fixable. hackers, on the other hand, demands screaming
down the phone asking them 1)WTF do they think they're talking about, 2)
how can they be dismissive about it, 3) what are they doing about it?

If what you say is true, I'm shocked.

stefan

--
/**