Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: BOUNCE uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com: Approval required:
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:19:49 +0100

Sam Michel <samatchinwag [dot] com> wrote:

>I wonder if most media buys are done through a small-ish network of
>contacts at major sites, but this is probably a huge over-simplification.
>Got me wondering though.

Not at all, Sam.

Our buying platform is fewer than 20 sites.

Most of our client requirements can be met by six or seven UK sites,
slightly more in the US. Many of our non-US requirements are handled by US
sites and sales networks since the UK and Europe are still in the dark ages
when it comes to online media and US services such as DoubleClick can target
the UK and other countries better than most UK sites can.

We tend to go outside our regular contacts only if a client has particularly
unusual requirements.

Ray Taylor
NMC/Adplan
We plan and buy online media for agencies and advertisers
0181 639 0015