Subject: Re: UKNM: New subject - Can you advise?
From: Tom Loosemore
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:26:17 +0100

ahh... views on the site...

<non-flippant and constructive tone> What is the point? </nonflippant tone
etc>

well, maybe that's a bit harsh it's probably still worth london electricity
doing a shiny brochure site full of info for business customers and, more
importantly, The City.

but aiming such a site at consumers is an waste of time unless you provide
some reason *why* they should come to the site (bill payment, inputting
their meter reading etc)

consumers are just starting to shop around for gas / electricity (and soon
phone) suppliers, and I strongly suspect that they are shopping around on
price alone (see http://www.buy.co.uk/utilities/gas/index.html )

There's not a bad article on this week's NMA buy Mike Butcher about the
importance of actually putting something useful on your website

but then, as stef says, i thought most people had realised this in 96