Subject: Re: UKNM: Online Media Buying/Selling..end of the personal touch?
From: Manar Hussain
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 15:54:33 +0100

Automating these areas is a lot harder than you might imagine ...
non-linear systems, best done with genetic algorithms to give you "good
solutions" rather than the "correct" solution blah blah blah.

Could say more but I imagine it's more than a little off topic ...

Still I know of several very interesting projects that have been done to do
with "robot" (or agent) interaction that through up interesting angles on
how a world with online agents doing our pricing and buying for us all
might pan out .... things like people wanting taxis being one class of
agent and people driving taxis being another with variable/evolvable
charging and tipping etc.