Subject: UKNM: RE: M-box
From: Edward Jezard
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:44:57 +0100

Fiona,

M-box pledges to get customers (retailers, manufacturers and dot coms) up
and running with a home delivery service for the same cost as running a high
street operation. The margins are the same as running a high street store,
so there is no extra premium for consumers to pay. The way that m-box does
this, is by utilising existing infrastructures - milk-rounds, couriers,
convenience stores, postal service. E.g. milk floats pass people's doors
every morning so the added cost of dropping off goods ordered online is
minimal.

All m-box customers benefit from pooling together on m-box resources and so
benefit from economies of scale e.g.. a number of different m-box enabled
retailers can use the same milk float to deliver separate goods to near-by
locations. Obviously, if a retailer chooses to offer a premium delivery
service (e.g.. courier) a fee may be charged to the consumer, however, the
low overheads of operating on the web may mean that the e-retailer, for
example, is able to absorb this cost.

Most of what you need to know is on the website - www.m-box.com. Can you
tell me how you heard about m-box? Are you a journalist? Hope this helps.