Subject: UKNM: Serious new media work
From: James Tarin
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:59:22 +0100

>APL Digital
>London, Hong Kong, Sydney, New York (more offices than Studio Archetype and
Razorfish, that's for sure...)

interesting...... does the number of offices correlate directly with
"seriousness" (maybe we could draw a graph to demonstrate a linear
relationship).

Sorry to be facile, and I am in no way suggesting that APL are not
"seriously using new media", as I know they are.

I would question the assertion that they are more "serious" than Studio
Archetype and Razorfish just by virtue of the fact they can cite four
offices.

Also I would not be so "sure" that APL Digital have more offices than Studio
Archetype (Studio Archetype have offices in San Francisco, New York,
Atlanta, Sao Paulo & Sydney - plus the offices of their new big brother
Sapient in Cambridge, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Los
Angeles, Portland (Maine), and London). I suppose APL Digital could make
similar claims on APLs offices.

Still, I don't suppose that I should spend any more time comparing offices
rather than doing "serious" new media work.

James
James Tarin
Director of Strategy, Clarity
Tel: +44 171 397 2911