Subject: Re: UKNM: FMCG marketing on the web and how to do it (was money / drain)
From: Andy Theyers
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:31:26 +0100

At 09:10 03/09/99 +0100, you wrote:
>But if you combine the power of the banner/button/sponsorship with the
>unlimited creative potential of a good web design agency given a free hand
>to create a campaign-specific microsite then I think you ought to have
>something that will outsell a parallel campaign on print, poster, or (oh
>blasphemy!) TV.
>
>Or could you?
>
>Nah! let's stick to web sites with "about us" "contact us" and "our clients"
>buttons. Makes it easier to write the client proposal.

Hmm... Pepperami and www.fa-carling.com

Very nice it was too. A microsite, advertised in traditional media and linked off the main site. Added value to the Pepperami brand and added short term value to the fa-carling site (change in side content on a very heavily used site). It was only there for 2 months and was deemed a success all round.

Oh - hang on a minute. That'll be two successful FMCG approaches in one sentence.

Ah well

Andy