Subject: Re: Multiple Tell Targets
From: Colin Moock
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:57:38 +0100

I think the point is "Don't name your instances with the same name". If
they are unique--no matter what their name--then don't fool yourself
into thinking they are addressable as a group.

In fact, Flash 3 ought to warn you about using the same name twice. If
you can't take advantage of the identifier being the same, then it's
probably just a potential problem to allow it at all.

Think of it like Borg drones instead of children. If the collective
needs to address a specific drone, it does so by calling on its unique
numeric designation ("7 of 9", for instance) . Naming multiple drones
the same thing would be inefficient.

(wow...finally a Star Trek analogy ;)

-Colin