Subject: Re: FLASH: Setting Veriables
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 07:11:12 +0100

Hi, John. Yes, you are getting very close. Instead of making a different
variable for each button, make "one" variable with a different "value" for
each button. Then do your "finish up your animation" part of the unload,
and at the end of every child movie, put Load Movie "Variable name"

And yes you can, as far as I know, replace the movie you are in, but you
don't need to put the unload movie first, your load movie command will
replace the one that is there.

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution
www.awsolution.com
> ParentMovie opens
> ChildMovie1 & NavagationMovie, & Elementmovie1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5
>
> Then, the user can choose a button from the NavagationMovie, that
tells
> childMovies 3, 4, and 5 to go to a label finish the scene and unload
> themselves.
>
> This is when I want it to load in new childMovies for 3, 4, and 5. which
> ones load is dependant on the button pushed. That is why the childMovie
can
> not load the new ones, because it could be any one of 6 buttons from the
> navigation bar. UNLESS??? is there some way that I can tell the buttons in
> the NavagationMovie, to create a variable say set button6=true, then in
the
> end action of the childmovie that is unloading have 6 different if then
> statements that say, if button6=true then load movie X?
>
> Sorry I'm thinking out loud...., I want to make sure that the new
> childmovies do not come in until the previous child movie has finished
it's
> time line.
>
> Another random question, in the last frame, of a movie, say _level6 can
you
> make the action,
>
> Unload Movie (6)
> Load Movie ("childmovie2.swf", 6)
>
> or will it unload the current movie and not execute the new loadmovie?

flasher is generously supported by...