Subject: FLASH: popup window
From: Paul Hagwood
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:45:02 +0100

I call upon the great gods of Flash to help me. Please
oh great gods, hear my plea. Ok, here's the deal.
I have a little window that I want to pop up and have
ordering info in it. When this little window pops up,
I want the user to be able to minimize the window,
close the window altogether and be able to drag the
window around (I don't ask for much, do I?). Let me
tell you how I'm doing it and I would love to know if
anyone has a better way.
I'm creating a movie clip for the window. I have a
point in the movie clip where the window is open and
where it is closed and if they hit a little X then it
goes back to start and there is no window at all. All
that is done with simple goto actions. The real
problem is the content in the window. When people
click certain options in the flash movie I have movie
clips within this window movie clip and telltarget
actions telling them to show certain data. In order to
hide the data I am trying to setproperty to 0 for the
data movies. It isn't working yet and it may not work,
but I'm flash actionscript illiterate and so if you
can help and you are willing to be patient and kind, I
would love to have your help.

Thanks.

=====
http://im.yahoo.com