Subject: FLASH: Exporting JPEGs to SWF format...
From: AJITH S
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 06:24:24 +0100

Hi,

I have been trying to export jpeg ( Baseline Sequential) to
swf format for the last two weeks....Earlier I had
successfully separated the the Tables ( four Huffman Tables and
two Quantisation Tables ) , frame header , scan header and
compressed image scan data form the jpg file ...

Then I converted the same jpg image to swf
format with quality factor
50 using Flash .On examining the file header and different
tags, it was observed
that the image scan data in DefineBits tag did differ
significantly from the
original jpg compressed data ..The encoding tables in JPEGTables
tag also did differ..
Only the format remained the same..

My Doubts are
(1) Can I create a .swf file simply by
decoding a jpg file and initialising the corresponding swf
file header and JPEGTables and DefineBits tags ..????

(2)What is the format of compressed scan data
in DefineBits tag ?? Is it
the same as in jpg file ????

With Regards
AJIT.S