Subject: FLASH: Object/Embed Syntax For passing values?
From: Kelly R. Kerr
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:38:34 +0100

Hey all. This should be easy, but ...

I know I can send a value to my generator movie through a direct url
(http://wherever.com/movie.swt?name=me) but how do I do it in an
embed/object tag?

Right now I am passing a value to the html page that contains my movie
(../movie.html?name=me) then I am using javascript to pull that value
out of the url (location.search.substring get param routine) and
setting a javascript variable equal to that value.

Now, I figured I could simply place:

<EMBED SRC="test.swt?name="+JavaVar'
or
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="test.swt?name="+JavaVar>

in the code, but it doesn't seem to be working. The movie plays, but
does not see the value. When I test my var (alert(JavaVar)) the value
is getting passed to the page, just not the movie.

What am I missing?

--
Kelly R. Kerr
Multi-Scribe