Subject: FLASH: 4 ways I've learned so far to illustrate 3D in Flash
From: Mary Brzys
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:32:06 +0100

PEANUT GALLERY: Well there's must be more ways to do it, this is just
the ways I've learned to do it.

1. The way I did it for brzys.com was to import the pict file into
Flash, lock the layer, create 2 new ones on top of it. Then on the
layer directly above the image, I colored in all the shapes of the 3D
image in a base color; Grouped it, cleaned up the curves, and pulled
it off to the left side so I could view the image underneath, but
still be able to work on it. I then copied it.

On the top layer I pasted in place, the copy of the base color, and
tinted it the 20% color of a contrasting color.
(My shades were 80%, 60%, 40%, 20% and 1%, and the color was 102R,
0G,0B)
On the top layer, I drew over just the face of the image using 40%,
grouped it, and put it on the right side, in a locked position.
Working on the copy of the base color, (20%), I selected the whole
thing, chose, in the paint mode, "paint selection", and painted it,
(in different shades) all the shading on the 3D object. I deselected
it and then cleaned up my shades. I took the 40% copy of the face,
(the one sitting off to the right) changed the color to 1%, grouped
it, and put it directly over the base color on the top layer. I
ungrouped everything and then deleted the 1%. I also deleted the 3D
image there and in the library.

2. the second way is to do it the same way as the first only when I
was done putting in different shades, I selected some the shapes and
made them all the same gradiated color. (There is no base color used
in this illustration, and I drew directly ontop of the image) I did
this for the sprayers in the animation on my page. (click on the down
button in destination)

3. The third way is to leave the shades grouped and have them overlap,
which creates a darker layer, by combining the different shades. I
used this on the "simon" looking thing on the Destination part of my
page.

4. The forth way I did it was to step the gradiate from 80% down to
20%, in a row, ontop of a base color. The pipes were created this way.
- Mary Brzys

==
<--- Intelligence will only take you so far, creativity will take you everywhere. - Albert Einstein
http://www.brzys.com --->