Subject: Re: FLASH: pause flash
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:37:23 +0100

Hi Nic,

First I read your initial question the same way as Christian and would
have given the same answer. Second the answer is essentially the same.
In Flash 2 you need two buttons one with a stop and one with a play.
In Flash 3 you still need 2 buttons but you can toggle them inside a
Movie Clip so they appear as one button. You would then need a minimum
of two actions each.

For the Stop:
Go to and Stop Next
Tell Target /
Stop
End Tell Target

Plus you would need a Tell Target for each Movie Clip and each Movie
loaded with Load Movie that could be active. Note, adding this feature
to an existing Movie with multiple Movie Clips and Movies on other
levels may require a major change in the structure of your movie to
accomplish this. Often you will have to have a series of Button pairs to
handle different requirements of the Movie as it proceeds to be able to
stop everything that is happening.