Subject: FLASH: Generator-enabled web hosts - looking for
From: Steve Salkin
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 16:32:12 +0100

Hi folx:

My understanding of the generator system is as follows: a developer using
flash and the generator developer toolkit creates the flash content and the
templates, testing them with the personal generator server in the toolkit.
They then place the content on a web host that has paid the real money for
the generator server license. (I'm ignoring the intranet model and the
client-owns-their-own-web-server model, I know, but this is probably the
most common case for me. It also seems to be the model that Macromedia used
to determine the price points for the various components. )

So for this all to work, there must be web hosting services who buy the
server, just like realAudio servers. Are there any yet? Is there a list?
I'd like to look them over and see what the price differential is to have
generator servers available.

Thanks for any feedback,

Steve Salkin