Subject: Re: FLASH: Transperance...
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 12:31:48 +0100

Peter :

>From your question I dare presume the following :
- You already have some routine Javascript probably that changes the
pages background colour every hour.

Building on this assumption you have can do :

1 - Best way : detect client browser
- if IE4.xx or up use WMODE="transparent" in the object tag subspace
- if IE and before IE4 use BGCOLOR=my.Colour
- if Netscape 3.xx or up use PARAM NAME="BGCOLOR" VALUE=my.Colour where
my.Colour is a Javascript variable that equals the pages background
colour.

To get this to work build the embed and object tags with document.write
in Javascript so you won't have to write different pages for each
Flavour of browsers. Stick with Javascript 1.0 so it will port better.

2 - Short way : use BGCOLOR to set the background colour of your flash
movie with BGCOLOR equal to the current background colour.