Subject: Re: FLASH: Simple Javascript for IE 3.02 or lower?
From: David Gary
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:48:47 +0100

Sidney Maestre wrote:

> I make the netscape 2.0 comment in reference to the Javascript which may be used
> out side of the "plug-in world".
>
> I'm always looking for javascript that is as back ward compatible as possible.

Yup thats usually the intention. Im having enough trouble trying to developfor the
lowest common denominator in I.E. So far everything in Netscape 3.0 and
up runs fine.

> BTW- If you do any work for the education market, they are still heavily mac
> centric and I know Netscape 2.0 is the browser of choice among slower mac's.
> Was your "bonehead" comment directed at the teaching establishment? ;-)

Absolutley not, That was humor. You know bustin' our brains making sure the "surfer"

still using N.S. can witness "state of the art". ----------> =8>)- <---------

However I overlooked the educational services with access to the web. Even the older
Macs and N.S 2 is "new" for those branches. I think I'd veer away from any scripting
for those type projects though and keep Flash development as "general" as possible.

> Better
> not get you started on that one.

--zip--

-DG-