Subject: RE: FLASH: Simple Javascript for IE 3.02 or lower?
From: Jean Dukate
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:09:11 +0100

Well I tried to find this information on the net with no luck. But I
thought Netscape 2.0 didn't have support for Javascript. Also I believe
they didn't have support for frames in 2.0 either. If these two
assumptions are correct. Then you could possibly set up your initial
page with a 100% frame and 0 height frame that will be used as a
makeshift way of detecting Netscape 2.0 users and with the <noframe> tag
generate an html page specifically designed for 2.0 users. All browser
version above 2.0 shouldn't get the html designed for 2.0 due to the
frame support in those respective browsers.

Once again this is based on assumptions of what is not available in
version 2.0. I tried to find this info but was not successful so if
anyone knows for sure please post. Otherwsie the above described
technique should work.