Subject: RE: FLASH: Site structure in flash
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:29:28 +0100

At 5:31 PM 8/25/98, Chris Jester (CTS Technical) wrote:
>You also said "Any Flash designer can upgrade to the Generator Developers
>Studio at low cost" ($199.00 from macromedia's web site. This is for the
>upgrade, if you don't have the prior generator, which I am sure many don't
>have.It will be $499.00 Which is more than Flash itself!)"

It almost sounds like you're saying you believe the upgrade price is if you
have a previous version of Generator...? If so, then that would be
difficult, because Generator only entered 1.0 version last week, and I've
heard of no upgrades yet.

The Generator Developers Studio, at $499, includes Flash 3 and the template
extensions so that you can design data-driven movies. If you already own
Flash 3, you can upgrade to the Generator Developers Studio for $199.

All of this is distinct from the Generator Server itself, which you may or
may not need yourself.

There are downloadable trials of all these on the Macromedia site, so you
can experiment for yourself, and make mockups for clients.

Is this of help at all...?

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/