Subject: Re: FLASH: characters could not be converted error *****
From: John Dowdell
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:15:18 +0100

At 2:52 PM 8/24/99, mmitchell wrote:
>This has happened all of the sudden, one day it was working fine on my
>computer the next day I get this error when exporting my movie
>
>"Some characters could not be converted to outlines because an
>appropriate outline font is not available. These characters will
>disappear in the Flash Player file..."
>
>So when I look at the .swf all of my Verdana font is gone, has anyone
>ever run into this problem?

I'm not sure if this is *the* cause there, but if I saw that myself then
the first thing I'd do is examine whether my Verdana font outlines were
still available. You could look inside your directories to find the
files... you could try a new small test movie to see if another file can
access those outlines.

There could very well be other causes too, but how does it go when you
examine the Verdana font outlines...?

jd