Subject: Re: FLASH: Gimme a break, J.D.
From: Jason
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:23:18 +0100

Hi,

I run a site for very small children using Flash (rather than the
remote).Macromedia aren't very interested in the games as such so they aren't to
be found at Shockwave (although we were recognised in the People's Choice this
year). Since I announced that I was looking for people to develop stuff for the
site, however, I've found some fun stuff for small kids out there (Macromedia
isn't the only source of fun animations and games!).

With Flash 4 we are starting to get some really good fun stuff on-line (I'm not
claiming any particular technical prowess, just fun for kids :-). We get 75,000
visits a month and are currently seeing 10-15% more every month. This is very
encouraging. Why don't you and your kids make that 75,001 for this month? Your
7-year-old may enjoy it - the 10-year-old probably won't, but then we'll be
doing some games for up-to-tens later in the year...

Have fun

Jason
http://www.boowakwala.com

paul wehner wrote:

> I've not been following the thread, however I've just been married and
> become a
> step dad to two boys 10 and 7. They absolutely love shockwave.com. It is
> safe entertainment
> for children and for that alone the site is valuable.
> As I say I've not been following this discussion but could it be that
> shockwave.com
> has many little shockwave games because they are little, easily
> distributable, and low bandwidth?
> Is it possible that the artistic/educational/corporate content are heavily
> restricted by the people
> that bought the end product of developers in the first place?
> Is their an alternative site with such content?-I'd really like the check it
> out.
> Not trying to enflame the discussion here just genuinely inquisitive.
> Thanks,
> Paul

-- Around the world in 12 songs with Boowa and Kwala - http://www.boowakwala.com

A big blue dog and a strange yellow animal will help kids with their first
clicks on the internet.
Every month during 1999 kids will find a chapter of their tale, a song, some
games and the Boowa and Kwala Club.

Le tour du monde de Boowa et Quoila en 12 chansons - http://www.boowaquoila.com
Nos deux adorables personnages, Boowa et Quoila, accompagnent les tout-petits
pour leur premiers pas sur l'internet.
Des animations, de la musique, des bruitages, des surprises a cliquer... Parfait
pour les tout-petits !