Subject: Re: FLASH: Gimme a break, J.D.
From: Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:09:18 +0100

paul wehner wrote:

> I've not been following the thread, however I've just been married and
> become a
> step dad to two boys 10 and 7. They absolutely love shockwave.com.

Right -- and that is fine. I am not objecting to it. It's context,
that's what it's all about...

What troubles me and has from the beginning is the "Remote" which pops
up and remains active over all screen content -- even not in a browser
-- constantly directing users to shockwave.com.

How do you explain that to a multimillion dollar client? "This isn't
really encouraging people to leave your site, Mr. Rich Client -- it only
*appears* that it is."

Much shock content is *not* engineered for games or entertainment, yet
the remote is a constant statement to the contrary.

This was and continues to be the point of contention, and things
actually are going to change. That isn ot the problem.

The problem is that very real concerns were glibly blown off by someone
who should have known better.

--WthmO