Subject: Re: FLASH: Peevish
From: Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 01:10:01 +0100

Patrick K wrote:

> Enough already!!!! Stop the arguing, sniping, and
> cowardice. I'd like to see how outspoken you all are
> in front of one another!

Interesting point. It is obviously an element of net culture that humans
are more outspoken online than face to face.

Has it occurred to you that this may simply be the way things are, and
that you may be attempting to modify an entire cultural fact? (That
would be harder than convincing the majority of Italy they should become
Muslims.)

Actually I really mean that. I've been thinking about that a lot lately.
Seems people are much more upfront in email and other fora like it than
anyplace else. And it is so ubiquitous that it feels like a deep
behavior. Thus protesting it might be about equivalent to protesting
one's breathing...

--WthmO