Subject: RE: FLASH: ASP + Flash 4 load variables
From: Andreas Ua'Siaghail
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 07:45:22 +0100

John Dowdell wrote:

>If this boils down to "How can I create a variable number of buttons, based
>on the contents of an external realtime data source?" then one approach is
>to build the maximum number of buttons you wish, and position them up above
>the menubars. When the data is retrieved you can iterate over these items,
>repositioning the buttons onto the visible area as appropriate.

I like it - however there is no exact fix on a maximum. There are 426 potential items as of last count. Most combinations would be 3-10 items but there is no pre-ordained max number of items. (Generator is sounding better all the time!)

>Another approach would be to have a series of scenes, each with a different
>number of buttons. Once you know how many data items you receive you can
>jump to the correct scene.

and this is worth a try too but same prob as above.

Andreas Ua'Siaghail [O'Shields]

MultiMedia Designer

Colourfield Productions

pg 416.600.4411