Subject: Re: FLASH: 2 quick questions
From: unique
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:47:20 +0100

Jefferis queried:

> 1]
> I remember a discussion, but not the answer about MP3 and Flash 4.
> For the smallest, most compressed sounds, should you import .wav, .aiff
> sounds into MP3 and then export/import them into Flash?

No! I'm not necessarily fully up to speed on all the ins and outs of all the
different file formats, and conversions thereof, but the essential principle
in this case is this:

Import the sound *in its purest (least adulterated via conversions) form*
into Flash. *Upon export* is the only place you should be doing any
compressing.

> 2]
> Any way to detect the connection speed of your client?

Unknown to me. Doubtful, as it doesn't seem to be the kind of data you can
access via their browser which is your only contact point ... theoretically,
that is ...

HTH,

Ken Sherwood

kensherwood.com