Subject: Re: FLASH: Target expressioned frame
From: Gilbert Irias
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:11:37 +0100

Paul's idea didn't work. But what I did end up doing is making poscounter a
variable outside of this MC. It then worked! I know that variables aren't
passed onto duplicated MCs, but this variable only exists inside my
"Functions" MC. So why didn't it work? Here's the altered code:

Set Variable: "counter" = 1
Loop While (counter < 5)
Set Variable: "buildingpicker" = Random(3) + 1
If (buildingpicker = 1)
Duplicate Movie Clip ("_level0/Buildings/RedBuilding",
"GenBuilding"&counter, counter)
Else If (buildingpicker = 2)
Duplicate Movie Clip ("_level0/Buildings/BlueBuilding",
"GenBuilding"&counter, counter)
Else If (buildingpicker = 3)
Duplicate Movie Clip ("_level0/Buildings/GreenBuilding",
"GenBuilding"&counter, counter)
End If
* Begin Tell Target ("_level0/Buildings/GenBuilding"&counter)
* Go to and Stop (_level0/V:poscounter)
* End Tell Target
Set Variable: "counter" = counter + 1
Set Variable: "_level0/V:poscounter" = _level0/V:poscounter +11
End Loop

When I had the poscounter variable locally, I ran a trace within the starred
lines. The trace came back blank. But putting poscounter variable outside
the MC, it brought up the proper value. ??

Gilbert Irias
Web Designer

A l p h a n u m e r i c a
www.alphanumerica.com