Subject: Re: FLASH: OT Speaking of scripting
From: Michael Penne
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:35:47 +0100

Sorry. javascript is what you are likely using to do rollover buttons
(if you were doing rollovers in java you would almost certainly know
it;-). They are talking about java (and specifically the Microsft java
virtual machine) in that article. Java is a programming language that
runs on a virtual machine on the client's computer (separate from the
browser) in order to run java programs embedded in html. Javascripts
are run by the web browser itself.

example of java:
http://www.discovery.com/area/science/life/life1.3.html

--- Karin Christensen <karincatccosmo [dot] net> wrote:
> Now I'm probably more confused. I have only used
> whatever makes
> buttons change on mouse over. I am using java or
> java scripting?
> Which one are they talking about that will disable
> your computer.
> What will be the result if I disable Active
> scripting in my browser?
> What is an example of each.
> Karin

===