Subject: Re: FLASH: Lip-syncing
From: Brian
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 16:13:45 +0100

Ryan, thanks for your response!
However, all this I know.
I am trying to respond to a clients' desire to find some clever way to
automate this process, such as how you can with other software (namely,
Ventriloquist from lipsinc.com, a plug-in for 3D Studio Max). Personally,
I'll sit there all day and lip sync out the wazoo, but the client is
looking, as usual, to cut corners and try to make the process as easy (read:
cheap) as possible.
I'm pretty sure this is all a shot-in-the-dark question, but I have to make
the overture.

-Brian Matthews
http://www.angelfire.com/fl/sapringer/SAPCENT.html
SAPRINGER CENTRAL: The Best STAR TREK Parody Site On The Net!
Featuring STONE TREK: The Flash Animation!

> i've done a bunch of lip-sync stuff across different animation programs,
and
> the classic tried-and-true method of making mouth charts is the best way
> go.
>
> So you have to draw a bunch of mouth symbols in various mouth positions. i
> use a double letter code because ... well, because i like to. The charts
> find vital are:
>

> AH - Mouth open wide, maybe showing some tongue & uvula
> EH - Mouth somewhat open, good for unimportant words like 'the'
> MM - Mouth closed position ... depending on the character's level of
detail,
> you might want to add a few creases to the lips. This shape doubles for
PP