Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Player 5
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 19:19:41 +0100

And how much dang <---(replace with any of a list of much stronger words)
trouble would it have been to remove that link BEFORE they went home
Friday???????? Don't we have any loyalty there? Only clock-watchers? I
can't EVEN believe this! Or, actually, there may be "politics"
involved...Maybe they really DO want the Public to beta this. Maybe they
really don't think it is that bad to have existing sites all of a sudden
stop working. Maybe they don't realize that people who are "only now"
downloading the plug-in are likely those that were hesitant to do so all
this time...now we finally convince them how cool it is, only to prove that
they were right in the first place....shoot.

I really want to send a copy of this to the address for reporting bugs, but
I sure don't see it. You would REALLY think that if they want public
response on a beta that they would have an address prominently displayed for
bug-reporting. Wouldn't you?

I had high hopes that our John would succeed yesterday. Maybe not enough of
us expressed our concerns via whatever route we are supposed to use. Dang it
I know he gave us the address, too, I just can't find it.

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution
www.awsolution.com

> I then went to my website and netscape said I required a plugin, I
> clicked okay, and was brought to the following URL:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Shock
waveFlash?application/x-shockwave-flash