Subject: RE: FLASH: text effects tool needed
From: R Blank
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:34:58 +0100

Tom, Darren, Paul:

Thanks for all your posts on SWfX.

We at Wildform are glad to see the positive response to SWfX (pronounced
swiffix), our new SWF text animation tool released during FF2K (I actually
posted about it yesterday in response to someone's question about Flash
standalone applications -- does anyone know if SWfX is the first standalone
with a complete Flash interface?).

So far, everything that's been said is correct. SWfX comes with 44 Flash 3
and 56 Flash 4 effects. You can use these output animations alone, or in a
larger site with the LoadMovie actionscript command, or by importing the SWF
directly into Flash (this works with Flash 3 effects only, because Flash can
not import Flash 4 files). You can use any TrueType or ATM-handled font on
your system. And it's really incredibly easy to use. There are a bunch of
other features that you can read about on http://www.wildswfx.com. Best of
all, it's only $20.

We are especially excited about our custom effect specification, WildFX. We
figured what's the point of an effect animation tool, if you can't create
your own effects. So, we made it really, really easy to do that. You can
download the instructions (to see how easy they are) without purchasing the
app. At http://www.wildswfx.com, go to "Plugins" -> "Learn to create" and
grab the .zip. If you develop your own WildFX, and want to share, trade or
sell them, we will link to you from our site (so that SWfX users can easily
find all the available WildFX). We're incredibly eager to see what can be
done with this spec.

Thanks for your support,

R Blank
ratwildform [dot] com