Subject: FLASH: Creating a print preview
From: DeJarnett, Gary
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:55:22 +0100

Thanks for the reply, Andrew.

Yes, I can display the preview of the movie clip just fine in the way that
you suggested, and the page is displayed at the same time the print dialog
appears.

The problem is that it is still there after the "OK" is pressed in the print
dialog, or else, if I have it disappear on its own, it just flashes on the
screen quickly and goes away. Ideally, it should go away simultaneously
with the print dialog, but I don't think this is possible. Right now, I
just allow the user to click on the previewed document to get rid of it, but
I may change things so it is displayed for 5 seconds, then disappears.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Gary

ps Sam, any progress on determining why there is such a delay on posts
being forwarded to the list? You can see below that my message was received
by the list server on Thursday, but didn't get posted until Saturday, even
though it was plain text, with no attachments. No big deal, but it's a
little harder to carry on a dialog when there is such a large delay. Thanks
for taking the time to administer the list, in any case.

--------------
>> If your print command is in a button action why not just direct the
playhead
>> to another frame as soon as the print command is executed. This way it
>> prints the movie clip that is onscreen and then jumps back to a menu or
>>something else.

>> Andrew
>> \
>> In a message dated 8/12/00 10:27:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, <----

> [...]