Subject: FLASH: the new guy with ??s
From: J. Fehrenbach
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 12:47:10 +0100

Hey gang,

I'm new to the list and fairly new to Flash. I am just beginning to utilize Flash in my work and have two questions that maybe someone might be able to answer.

First of all, I have created an autoplay presentation for distribution on CD that consists of a Flash projector file. I would like the buttons in the autoplay presentation to be able to open an acrobat files on the CD. I've tried to use a FS command that calls up a .bat file on the CD which in turn makes DOS open the file, BUT this is very sloppy and shows a DOS window right in the middle of the presentation. I've even set the .bat properties to run "minimized" but this doesn't seem to work. It still opens maximized.
Anyway, does anybody know of an action method or alternate way to get a Flash button to open an acrobat file?

pheww! Next question: I'm also really concerned about making sure that the distribution of this CD is totally legitimate and in accordance with Macromedia's guidelines. The CD will contain technical manuals for our customers (we do not charge for the manuals).
I've heard that it is not necessary to include the Macromedia logo when the work was created with Flash, and I couldn't find anything on the Macromedia web site to confirm this. I've read all the rules for Director and Shockwave, but there doesn't seem to be anything for Flash What exactly should I do to make it legal?

Thanks!!
Joe

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list