Subject: Re: FLASH: Text Effect help needed... Is this even possible?
From: ComposiMo
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:45:14 +0100

JD and R,

Thanks for both of your replies... JD, I'll type up the request for the
wishlist and send it as soon as i get a chance... and thank you for the
explanation of how to describe it. R, The basic animation i was wanting to
do was have all of the letters of EVERY paragraph sort of "fly in" from the
center of the screen, and land in their apropriate spots and then maybe even
have a "bounce effect" to each letter... This is for a CD, so i am not too
overly concerned with bandwidth at this time, but an effect like this would
be marvelous... I looked at your website, and specifically the wildform.com
website... (yes, i know this was originally a text question), but in the
audio streams that it has, how are the streams done? are they basically audio
put into an swf, and then it uses LoadMovie to bring them in? I am very
curious about this, since i am actually currently working with someone who is
seeking the best way to stream audio without having the user download
something like realplayer.. (Also, i don't feel like paying for audio
streaming software if Flash can do it just as good). I am also interested in
the "video" part of it... how are you doing that? with Flash? or are you
using pop-ups with realplayer or something? If you want to continue that
offlist, go ahead and Email me... On the SWfx, I tried out the demo, but it
would only allow me to insert about 20 characters... Is this normal for it?
or is the full non-demo version capable of handling hard returns and several
lines of text? If it can only handle short amounts of text, then it won't
work for what i need it to do. Thanks again for your help, and suggestions..

John Ward

ratwildform [dot] com writes:

> SWfX works with every TrueType or ATM-handled font on your system (SWfX
> doesn't work with unicode fonts). So, if you create the animation once in
> Flash, you can apply that effect to any text (single or multiple lines),
> with any font. You don't need to create the effect for each character of
> each font -- just one simple animation works with all of them!
>
> Thanks,

> R Blank

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list