Subject: Re: FLASH: Text Effect help needed... Is this even possible?
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 01:40:04 +0100

At 9:01 AM 8/23/0, ComposiMoataol [dot] com wrote:
> i'll look into it, but just the thought of doing that for every
> character of all of the fonts that i'm going to use just seems
> like a hopeless task... Maybe this could be a Flash6 wish?

For what it's worth, breaking a string apart into individual letters for
animation is one of the things that Adobe's LiveMotion actually does. You
can get their demo and import the SWF to Macromedia Flash. (Don't apply
effects like shadows to it, or certain gradients... we're seeking text or
curves, not pixels.)

I haven't used Wildform SWfX myself yet, but it's on my list of things to
check out, sounds great.

For wishlist items, oddly enough, YES, now is a very good time to say how
Macromedia Flash should change to better meet your needs. Even though the
development team is working on additional versions (trial download,
localized, academic etc), there are folks here who are already prioritizing
for the next work cycle. Items on the wishlist are definitely archived and
tabulated, but voting for what you need *now* is more effective than six
months from now.... ;-)

For text things, it can be helpful to know if you need character-level
animation, word-level animation, phrase-level animation, or block-level
animation... knowing whether it's a positional animation, or distortion
animation, or effect animation could help too... generally, putting a
specific workflow situation into the wishlist can give better matches than
a high-level feature request, because someone else may have a different
idea from a phrase than what you're imagining. Still concisenss is a goal,
and with that in mind I guess my own message here is over-long already....
;-)

Anyway, yes, if there's a change you want, then immediately after a release
is a very good time to log the vote at the wishlist, thanks!!

jd

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list