Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Photoshop Mac to Photoshop PC
From: Laurent Somers
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:06:32 +0100

Are you absolutely certain that they are .PSD files? The only two options I
can think of is that the files either got corrupted during transfer, or
that the files have incorrect extensions. You might want to open the files
in a text editor (Word or other), *CAREFUL NOT TO SAVE*, and check the file
header. RGB JPG files generally have the letters 'JFIF' in the first then
characters, .PSD files have '8BPS' as the first four. Yes, I do this
sometimes, it's especially useful when I get Mac files and have no idea
whether it's a Freehand/Illustrator/CorelDraw/Photoshop/JPG/take-your-pick
file.

You mileage may vary, though, as there are standards and substandards. I
find it hard to believe, though, that the German and English versions are
incompatible.

Be careful not to do this with your applications, according to some licence
agreements I've seen lately, you might be breaking the law by just glancing
at the bytes...

regards,
Laurent.

At 18:38 29.8.2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Hejsan!
>
>Tuesday, August 29, 2000, 5:34:32 PM, Tom Green wrote:
> > Have him turn on the file extensions in Photoshop's preferences and
> > resave and resubmit with the extensions.
>
>I guess she did this, at least they arrived with an extension. ;)
>
> > Have him resave them as PC .tiffs. You can convert the .jpgs or whatever
> > afterwards.
>
>Hmmmh, it would save me some work, if can work with the original
>layers, since the designer's work has to be adjusted for web use...
>;)
>
> > "Open As" might work as well in Pshop.
>
>No, does not work.
>
>The error said: (free translatioon from German to English)
>
>"This document cannot be opened, because this file is not compatible
>with this version of Photoshop."
>
>I am using Photoshop 5.5 for Win and the designer does not have PS 6
>for Mac...
>
>Best wishes,
>
> Thorvald Neumann
> Medienentwickler

Laurent Somers
shadowatnett [dot] is
www.nett.is/~shadow
Programmer | Web designer |
Poet: www.nett.is/~shadow/poetry/
GSM:+354 898 5509 Tel:+354 46 14148

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list