Subject: FLASH: Re: flasher-digest V1 #596
From: Dylan Parker
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 21:54:31 GMT

Hey, I've been a lurker here for a while... and am deciding to show my
email address =)

#has anyone ever tried embedding flash into a stylesheet? ( Can stylesheets
#support the <object> tag? )
#
#for example, would something like this work? :
#
#
#<-- flash.css-->
#.flash {
# background-image: url (<object ...etc...</object>)
# }

I haven't tried what you mentioned above (maybe you could and let us know?)
but I do use style sheets to make my flash animations fill the entire
window... for example... if my flash animation is 400x400 and I open a
menu-less, button-less window that is 400x400 to put it into, it leaves a
border around the outside... so a little gets either cropped or the whole
thing is scaled. Ugly.

I created a class as follows
.topleft { position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; }

and then surrrounded my flash <EMBED> tag with <DIV CLASS="topleft"> </DIV>
Works like a charm.

So this may not answer your question directly... but CSS can be used to
move the EMBED tag around.

Maybe you knew this.. maybe you didn't... hopefully it helped someone.

Dylan Parker