Subject: RE: FLASH:check it out
From: Matthew Gardner
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 00:43:26 GMT

(Maraya)
] My first shockwave creation is at:
] http://www.upshot.com/draft4/flash.html
] I would really appreciate any comments at all.

Very interesting. Like the intro animation, something to watch rather
than the standard 'Loading...' text. The navigation is very straight
forward and makes for excellent interactivity. I believe the design
serves its purpose well. My only critisim is of the large mouse
pointer moving to click the paragraph on the opening subscreens.
>From an interface standpoint it's difficult to read the text until
the pointer has stopped moving, and absolutely so as the pointer
'clicks' the text. There are four recommendations I have for this:

[1] Have the pointer click on something else (for example, a round
button that zooms-large as the pointer gets close to it, then
clicks down-up with the sound).

[2] Start the pointer lower so it doesn't cross the paragraph.

[3] Remove the pointer animation.

[4] Or don't change anything at all - it's a very minor observation.

Hope this helps,
Matthew Gardner
Creative Director
Core Communications, Inc.