Subject: FLASH: using flash to create animated gifs
From: ROB CORNELIUS
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:52:21 GMT

I am forced to use flash3 to create animates gifs as my boss has no idea basically (I would much rather use flash plain and simple of course). He has also chosen some non web safe colours for the background of our pages. (Thankfully they are intranet only atm!)

The animations I have to create have alpha effects and of course Falsh uses a succession of colours to recreate this in a animated gif as a gif can only have 1 level of transparency. This means I have to create a series of animations for different coloured backgrounds instead of 1 with a transparent backgound.

This is the only way I can think of to get around this and it is not that hard really. Just a matter of changing the background colour of the movie and re exporting. I know that I should be using Flash totally but there is no way of talking round my boss.

What I really want to know is there a way of automating this process or writing a macro to speed up the dead boring clicking to change colour and re export.

Rob Cornelius