Subject: Re: FLASH: blurred mask?
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:11:38 GMT

--
-=Branden J. Hall=-
Webmaster, Campus Recreation Services

Hi Branden.

Correct me if I'm wrong: what I see is probably the use of a gradient that
obscures a lower layer, then slides away. This is different from a true
mask layer, in which the mask defines the portion of the layer below that
will be revealed. According to the manual and my own tests, the filled
area of the mask layer is what counts. The alpha of the fill doesn't
matter. A mask is either on or off, and is enabled by changing the setting
for the layer to Mask.

Marc Hoffman