Subject: FLASH: Transparency in Flash (Not what you think!)
From: Trey Causey
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:41:35 GMT

Hey Flashers:

I was wondering if there's a way to somehow get Flash movies to be
"transparent" on top of an HTML document. For instance, let's say I have a
typical left side "bar" as my background (i.e. c|net). I want to use Flash
for my navigation buttons, and have it overlay halfway onto the bar and
halfway onto the rest of the document. Since the "bar" won't be a solid
color, I need to figure out how to "see through" the Flash document in
certain places.

That's way oversimplified, but I think ya'll know what I mean. If you need
further clarification, please drop me a line! This is driving me nuts!

-Trey.