Subject: RE: FLASH: Transparency in Flash (Not what you think!)
From: Len Harrison
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 05:59:17 GMT

Yeah, it's doable for IE 4&5 PC only (choose 'transparent windowless' in the
Shockwave tab of Aftershock). Limits page compatibility significantly,
though. Worse yet, runs like a tired snail if it's anything much bigger than
a postage stamp. Better option is to set the image of your left side bar as
the background for your Flash movie and then position the movie so that it
overlays the background seamlessly. Best way to do that is with CSS if you
can spec supporting browsers for your project. Otherwise tables and
transparent .gifs. Be sure to set browser offset to nothing using
cross-browser tags in your body tag or frameset otherwise you'll never be
able to achieve this.

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com