Subject: Re: FLASH: Goto Question
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:58:34 GMT

Hi Imagelnk,

> I was wondering, if its possible to loop a set of frames 1 time, then have it
> keep going to the next set, anyone know?

Yes it is.

For Flash 3 the easiest way I can think of is to create a 2 frame Movie
Clip at the end of the Loop.

Label the first frame of the Loop as BeginLoop.
In the Movie Clip use the following Frame Actions

Frame 1 Stop
Go To Next Frame
Tell Target Target:/
Go To and Play BeginLoop
End Tell Target
Frame 2 Stop

The first time the Movie Clip is encountered (it is in its frame 1) 2
things will happen:
1) It will return and start playing from the Frame BeginLoop
(replaying the loop segment).
2) The Movie Clip will move to Frame 2

The second time the Movie Clip is encountered (it is now in frame 2),
there is no Action to return back to BeginLoop so the movie will
continue to the next frame on the main timeline without looping.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/